Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Commuter Snow Day Blues


I woke up at regular time for work this morning.  Dry as a bone outside and not really that cold.  The forecast is calling for 4-8" of snow.  The kids' school is allready canceled.  The federal government is closed (but I know that does not apply to me).  Meanwhile, the commuter van situation is dire.  We have missed quota three days already and any more will mean all our members will have to repay $130 back to the Dept. of Transportation. 

I showed up on time and there were seven of us there (need six for quota).  First thing discussed when I got seated was if/when we could leave to come home early.  Unfortunately, one of our members is stuck in meetings until at least 2:30.  The TV weatherman recommends being off the roads by 3:00.  I am hopeful the organizer of that afternoon meeting will end early...

Meanwhile, if it snows all night, I will have another decision tomorrow morning.

I'd rather be home with the family, but life is not that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment